It was 61 years ago today...

You are part of a select group of music fans to perhaps see on television, read the newspaper or maybe even be there to experience arguably a HUGE moment in music history.

I was only 2, so all I cared about was eating and sleeping. Maybe I was in the room while my family watched the Ed Sullivan show, later that week?

On this day in history, Feb. 7, 1964, Beatles arrive in US for first time, inspire nationwide mania (yahoo.com)

tablejockey

Wouldn't that be "59 years ago today..." or are you making a play on whatever Beatles song I'm thinking of?

Haha!

Yes, my actions often are often out of synch with my  brain!

59 doesn't have a better flow either...

I was 12… in bed listening to WLS Chicago on the turquoise clock radio… when the announcer said… this a big hit from England, the very first time to be heard in the United States… the band is called The Beatles. I Want to Hold Your Hand came on, and I was completely taken away. It was the most remarkable thing I had ever heard. I got goose bumps and it just scrambled my brain.

What has always shocked me about it was there was no peer influence… No anticipation as no one had heard them before. No, preconception. Just the biggest instant reaction I had ever had to a piece of music.