Quobuz subscription

Hi I've recently joined Quobuz to try-out few tracks. 

The ones released on 70's and 80's Japanese jazz vinyls sound really muffled. Thought they would sound better vs. YouTube streaming channel of Terminal Passage that actually mostly plays its digitized vinyl collection, but quality is too far away from even YouTube.

I checked the quality and all of them are CD 44.1kHz, but the sound quality is so far away from CD 44.1kHz.

So what's there to check? Is only major-popular recording industry albums sound good there.

I checked that via my Mytek DAC and via my cheap DAC and both DACs show nearly-same differences on the playback vs. YouTube.

So far Tidal actually gets my best grading on items outside of RR hall of fame or outside of recording industry standards.

It really seems to me that Quobuz is over-advertised.

czarivey

Never heard the Pink Floyd money album. Does that have dark side of the moon on it? 

Qobuz 24/192 example - Burn to Shine by Ben Harper

Tidal MQA 352.8 example - Clique by Patricia Barber. 
If you’re not seeing anything over 96 on Qobuz then either your dac/streamer combo is downsampling it or something is wrong with your set up. 

Some streamers have limits on the resolution of certain outputs. Often the USB output is able to do higher resolution that say Coax. Might want to check that out.

I would never think to compare YouTube vs Qobuz. This just doesn’t make any sense. Something is wrong with your setup. There are plenty of poorly recorded albums, but YouTube specializes in censorship and not sound quality.

I have both Tidal and Qobuz and both can sound great. I’m streaming them into my Rose 150b with a direct Ethernet cable into my router/modem. MQA on Tidal and hi rez on Qobuz both rival a really good recording on my turntable. I do have AT&T fiber internet with up to a thousand mps. I had a lot of drops until I changed my Ethernet cable,[defective cable].