phono cartridge help

Hope everyone is doing good. It was a cold one here in NH Saturday, So I had some indoor time and was looking to replace my cartridge. My head started spinning with everything that came into play with compliance, Capacitance, stylus type, output voltage and my limited options.

What affect would I get going from an output of 5.5 to a 4.0 or to a 6.5mV?

Turntable is a fixed 20 vta am I stuck with a 20 vta cartridge?

Opinions on these:  

Prestige 3 Series  

Audio-Technica VM740ML  (0.5 g over limit)

Nagaoka MP- 200

Goldring 1006 vta 24

With what I have now it is very limited to upgrades but I'm not ready to spend the money on a proper phono system, in 2 or 3 years.

I listen to Yes, Stevie Nicks, Tom Petty, Eddie money, steely dan, David Bowie, the Cars, Rickie Lee Jones, Traffic, the Who, Savoy Brown, Van Halen.

What I have:

I clean my records with an ultrasonic cleaner and anti-static brush, I would grade my records at vg/vg+

Fluance RT85 Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge (VTA not adjustable)
SUPPORTED CARTRIDGE WEIGHT0.18 – 0.25 oz (5.0 – 7.5 g)
 COUNTERWEIGHT Yes – 3.60 oz (102 g)
EFFECTIVE TONEARM MASS 0.97 oz (27.5 g)
OVERHANG 0.76 inches (19.2 mm)
HEADSHELL MOUNTH-4 Bayonet Mount
Cartridge weight must be between 5.0 to 7.5 grams with a height of 18mm and 20° Vertical Tracking Angle.

YAQIN MS-23B
Tubes: 12AX7B × 2 (Voltage preamplifier)
Output Voltages: 0.5V (400Hz input/500mv)
Input Sensitivity: ≤4.0mV (400Hz, 0.5V output)
Cartridge Suitability: MM (Moving Magnet) cartridge.

Legacy Audio Signature SE speakers

Primaluna EVO400 (KT150)

128x1281jafa

So, I've been agonizing over this for nothing. Thank you all for taking the time to chime in, now I'll focus more on the sound characteristics of the cartridge. 

1st, get rid of the TT if you cannot adjust arm height.

I recommend a TT with an arm with a removable headshell, much easier to mount a cartridge, and option for multiple headshells with alternate cartridges, i.e. MC; MM; Mono in he future if you get hooked on vinyl.

Too many current ’affordable, well respected’ TT’s come with pre-mounted cartridges on a fixed arm. Simple to get started, especially for a novice, but kind of a dead end from my point of view. Initial cartridge is going to wear out, then what?

IF MM with replaceable stylus, of course you can just change the stylus and keep going. No ’growth’ in that plan.

Which cartridge?

I always check for wide channel separation, and tight center balance, to provide superior imaging, before I check further.

You probably know, others less experienced, good info here:

https://www.sound-smith.com/options-cantilever-and-stylus-shapes

an advanced stylus (microline, SAS, shibata, ...)

what cantilever material? simply a question of budget: aluminum is not a real compromise, but more ridged is better, I wont go stiffer than Boron, beyond that, they not only go up in price, they are easier to break.

Grado Prestige Series's is an easy recommendation. A positive thing about the Grado cartridges is that they are moving- iron and consequently not affected by cable capacitance

And the Nagaoka is moving iron too, although they point out their cantilever bears a special alloy rather than a sliver of iron, hence 'MP' - Moving Permalloy. It also doesn't care about capacitance, like Grados and Soundsmiths. The Nagaoka has the advantage that you can take a better stylus intended for a model higher in their range and slip it into a lower end one.

@dogberry +1 for pointing that out about the Nagaoka cartridges being moving iron type. Certainly better than MM types that are affected by cable capacitance! I do have one Nagaoka in my collection. That was attached to a Rabco linear track arm I purchased awhile back.