Aurender N-200 Compatiblity with DACS. Is this a thing?

More specifically, I'm looking for a Dac for my new Aurender N200 streamer.  I noticed on Aurender's website they have a list of compatible Dacs.  I'm considering  a used Berkely Alpha Series 2 Dac, although, no Berkeley dacs are listed as compatible.  I didn't realize compatibility was a thing when matching considering a dac.  I'm not talking about how they sound together but specifically functionality of the two components.

Second questions:  The Conductor app that Aurender uses has a volume control button but when I try to use it I get the message, Volume control not available.  What's up with that?  Does the volume control button only work with their streamer/dac machines?  Not being able to control the volume from my phone is deal breaker.

malatu

I prefer my N200 connection via COAX with my LAB 12 DAC 1  Reference.   Don't get me wrong,  the N200 and DAC sound great via USB but I think I prefer Coax.

@hickamore 

The N20 is the one with the better clock.  I believe that with USB, the DAC clock is the more critical and so with USB the difference in clocks between the N20 and N200 become less relevant.  This isn’t to say that the N200 has a bad clock, but Aurender is clock centric and they even have what is consider an external atomic clock product.  Juan should be back around shortly.  I believe that he is a bit off the grid at this point.

@vonhelmholtz Yes, makes sense. I think Juan was concerned with my DAC clock as I am not yet prepared to upgrade it. In this situation SPDIF would be the temporary workaround until new DAC enters the chain and USB returns. Obviously N200 isn't comparable to N20, which is a league above my current level.