The best plug in filter ever!

Puron AC Power Conditioner by Greg Voth

After reading rave review of Puron AC plug in filter, I had got one 10 days ago.

For your information my system is very complicated with bi amping and three Farad linear supplies.

Thus I have 14 power cables, one main power conditioners, three isolation transformers.

I had tried plug in fliters from quiet lines, quartet stecker, IFI, furutech, Nordost Qv2 and QX2 fliters.

I still have all of them in my system without selling any of them.

I am collector. 😁

All of them had brought slight improvement but not drastic change.

But as soon as I inserted Puron Ac filter, it made background black with more details and clear bass.

The stereotimes review is spot on.

Encouraged by the result, I had ordered two more of them so that I can insert more of them close to amps and Dac.

Now my system got transformed with more vivid and clear sound stage but not overetched.

This is the best 750$ that I had spent during last 5 years in my audio system.

Thomas

128x128shkong78

whostolethebatmobile,

Perhaps that explains why there was such an interaction with them being plugged into my Niagara 7000 power conditioner?

ozzy

ozzy,

I’m not familiar with the Niagara unit or how it operates. However I have looked at the website and I see tons of components, circuit boards and coils. This means it’s almost certainly a different type of line conditioning device to the Puron, and the Niagara obviously does not operate according to my description above, whereas the Puron probably does. I know how passive devices interact, but how active devices interact with passive ones is very hard to predict. I can just say that I would switch to passive devices only, and concentrate on achieving the balance you like by using devices that complement each other. Each electrically active material in a passive device has a band gap that controls the frequency range of EMI that the material can absorb. Getting that balance of materials right is crucial, and if you get it right, you won’t need an active conditioner any more. (unless your AC line is faulty and needs voltage regulation with an active line conditioner).

Hi OZZY

Waiting on my order of 2. Will try the Q45t after they have been in system for a couple of days then will post

whostolethebatmobile,

What I like best of the Niagara 7000 power conditioner is that my tube amps actually sound better plugged into the Niagara than plugging them straight to the wall. They have more power or oomph in the sound quality.

Adding the Puron’s brings out the images within the soundstage. I have found that using the Puron’s before the Niagara provides the best of both worlds.

ozzy