Teton monitors from Wavetouch Audio - A Must Hear

In the market for a pair of monitors recently, to gain more living spaces that being taken over by the growing LPs collection and the Wilson Sophia that I have put up for sale, I start doing some audition, googleing and look around. I know it's going to be a tough task finding any speakers that could produce the sound I have used to for many years from the Sophia.

To make sure I don't make a mistake and miss out on the big names, the likes of Harbert, Tannoy, B&W, psb, sonus....I start hitting the showrooms of LA. All of them are good, decent speakers but they don't strike me as possible replacements for the giant Wilson, three times their sizes. Then I found an unknown brand advertised, kevlar, horn tweeter and exotic rosewood in all. The rosewood always got me, I contacted the owner for a listen. A copy cat of B&W it turn-out and the speakers were bought in lots for testing and experiments by Alex Yoon of Wavetouch Audio in LA. Alex then let me take a peak listen to something he was 'putting together' as he said, and fine-tuning for review at StereoTimes. I hastily agreed. We headed for the studio where he does his work, the size of a four-car garage.

There I was introduced to a pair of tiny monitors, the 'Grand Teton', I later learned, in rich, exotic Russian birchwood that one can tell of top-notch quality, carefully and meticulously put together. We spent the next two hours listen to tracks after tracks of acoustic, instrumentals and vocals music. The monitors fill the huge studio with music as if a pair of 5-foot tall floor standing were in used. Soundstage were ceiling high and 6-foot deep. Vocals were in-your-face with each instrument precisely positioned as if we had attented a jazz rehearsal in a garage. I immidiately inquired about a pair for home audition. This could be the Wilson replacement, I said to myself with reservation. May be Alex had the room treated or using special equipments. But his gear is very mediocre.

Two week past and Alex deliver the monitors for audition. The same pair but has now been finely tuned. Personally position the monitors in my living room, Alex going over some adjustments tips, give me a week to test the monitors and head back to LA. Two day of comparison between the Grand Teton and the Sophia side-by-side, guitar, piano, vocals and everything in between. I contacted Alex and convinced him to leave the sample, don't come back for it and it was purchased with proceed from the Sophia sale. The Grand Teton is now in my living room replacing the giant Wilson for 1/10 the cost, 1/10 the size and not a note missing.

Quite a task for its size. Highly recommended and a must to audiition if you can arrange for one. It will be time well spent just to listen to it.

Music Fanatic,
Irvine, CA
connect400
To all the doubters and people that have an opinion without knowing
Anything about the product.if you have not listened to the Grand Tetons
Then you are just mindlessly ranting. I have been into audio for over 35 years ,spent more then a nice home on Audio and worked in the field voicing Electrostats .these Loudspeakers have several important patents .
A room is reflective music has many reflections ,that also create distortions.
These speakers eliminate a lot of these reflections, a more pure signal if you will,and for the record these speakers IMO best any monitor or floorstanders in the $10k + range in many areas. These speakers can go down to the lower 40 hz region which is very good ,but with a small mid driver and truly needs a good subwoofer for low bass. the new SVS 2000 sub I am using does not break the bank $695 and is excellent.
These speakers are way way under priced and the owner Alex knows this .
These retail for $2,500 and should be much more .currently there is only one review which is pretty accurate stereotimes best of 2013 .thst is saying a lot for a new company. How many speakers have a hand built Xover,and a 42 piece Russian Birch ply cabinet ? The cabinets alone cost $500 the AMT Heil tweeter is excellent,as well as the long throw SB Acoustics mid-bass driver.
Anyone in or near the New England area is welcome to come over for a listen only 2.5 hrs from NY city in central Ma.
One more thing give the guy a break he has gotton rave reviews at the shows if you take the time to read from the Wavetouch website, and
A 40 day trial with a full money back guarantee .i was very skeptical myself
The 40 days sold me .Give these a full week 150 hours.even after 24 hours they are smoothing out and very special .get over the wave plugs on the drivers and just enjoy the music.untill you give them a good listen then you have nothing educated to say .Check them out it will be well worth it.
I said it...wrote it actually.

I am Sutpen, a fifty-eight year old High School math teacher living on the central coast of California. If you are near I invite you over for a listen and some beers. PM me any time.

I happily accept "weird" and "strange." I don't think you have any cause to call me a liar.
Hello Woolf what is your point ? This is a forum to share knowledge
And products,good or bad. What can't be trusted? Look at his feedback
He has a 100% rating and is very honorable .just ask people that have went to Alex home for an audition ,or demo at the show. Don't go
Ruining a guys reputation,especially if you never heard his products, or bought from him .Who are you to judge anyone ? This goes for everybody.
We all have opinions and different ideas.at least give his speaker the benifit
Of a doubt until you have demoed it yourself. I am very happy with his loudspeaker even against much more expensive speakers.if you read my last post all are invited to hear the GT speakers as Audio friends at my home. Just relax and let the music play.
Full of crap for sure, I would not believe anyone on these speakers until I heard them for myself. The way that guy shamelessly promotes himself, without any real substance to what he says, is pathetic.
If you actually read my post you can see exactly what my point is...that regardless of whether or not these speakers are well designed and sound fabulous, some around here might resent the preachy nonsense regarding patents (really? exactly what ARE the patented technologies used in the design?), plywood (except in guitar amp speaker boxes I'm not sure what this is about), reflected sound being automatically considered an unwelcome distortion (more like what music played in a room other than one stuffed with mattresses might sound like...natural maybe?), and a high school teacher (!) writing with broken English inviting strangers over for beer. Frequently mentioning the cost of the components is silly and comes off as sort of desperate, and I suggest you stay out of the field when voicing electrostats as there could be poison ivy and unwelcome insects. When you come into this forum and assume people will buy into a badly disguised sales pitch, you show very little respect for the perhaps more sophisticated among us (not necessarily myself, I'm merely old), and it makes you look like an insecure weirdo. Maybe, once they've sobered up, have one of your high school students help with your sales copy. All of these little promotion tips are given free of charge, as, of course, I'm a giver.