Ultimate stereo nightmare

I have a complex stereo system, having accumulated many various components through the years. I also have an impenetrable jumble of wires.  Until now I’ve been able to deal with problems that arose. Now that I am elderly I can’t easily get down on the floor to assess things. I bought and installed new very expensive speaker cables (Audioquest Robin Hood), and subsequently found that my right channel was not working. After switching cables, the right channel was still not working. So the problem is somewhere in the system.  I don’t know if it’s a loose cable or something else and have no way of tackling the jungle of wires to check it out. 
I hired a company that claims they deal with these things, but there’s such complexity I don’t know whether they can deal with it.

128x128rvpiano

My tech canceled for today.

I’ve printed up labels for all the wires to facilitate the job.
Now I just need somebody to unclutter the system and get on their hands and knees to attach them.

I’ve been reassigned another technician for tomorrow: a “Jasmine.” 
Trying not to be sexist, but I wonder about that.

Nothing worse than working on wires you don't have free-and-easy access to. Recently reorganized my home theater rig -took two days, and thought I'd have to call an ambulance a couple of times. The result? Lost 80% functionality in my "Main HDMI out" connection (no video or eARC) but the secondary HDMI still works sort-of. We suffer for our art.

OP. Start by evaluating your preamp by doing this.

Switch the input interconnects AND the output interconnects SIMULTANEOUSLY. Play some music. If the RIGHT channel is still not working then the problem is in your pre. If instead the LEFT channel is now not working then the problem is somewhere else. Best of luck.

Bruce

OP. I would next evaluate your amp if your pre IS working ok.

Play some music by sending the signal directly into the amp (bypassing the pre) using a CD player, streamer, etc. and see if both channels are working. If the right channel is still not working switch the speaker wire and see if the problem lies in your amp or speaker wires.

Bruce