Cable advice

Looking for some opinions on cable mixing. I’ve read that all the cables should be the same brand and same line up to have a more cohesive sound. That does seem to make sense in my head but how important is that? Are you for mixing cables or are you strictly one brand one line and why? What has your experience been?

Thanks 

128x128dman1974

Think about this. The internal wiring inside each of your components is different.

While keeping the same cable brand and type may be one approach, with some of the higher quality cable brands/types, intermixing can also produce good results.  

I’ve never been able to last with a full loom with the same cable. I’ve tried it with several manufacturers.  The combination you can come up with to mix and match and tune your system is endless.

that’s part of the fun of system building for me.

I've got 6 different brands of cables in my system currently and it sounds fantastic. Lots of trial and error to get here.

Start with the fact that good cabling is rather expensive.

Going one brand is easier and you get a house sound if you want that.

Going mixed will get you there but that will happen with more effort and probably more money.

Whatever you do (copper, silver, stranded or solid core) experimentation is required plus a good time for the things to settle down.

At the moment I use four different brands, even by mixing metals, silver for turntable, phono and speakers, copper for all the rest and I am happy with the result.

@petg60 

This is particularly true if you liked the house sound of your components and therefore bought all of your components from the same manufacture.