Another cable question

Please don’t respond to this if you are a non believer. Just wanted to know if anyone has had a good experience with silver or silver/ copper blend out from they’ve Dac. Currently using older Acustic Zen absolute copper. There has been a number of members saying good things about silver for digital front ends and I think I,d like to give it a try. Streamer is Aurender N200 using DH labs mirage two feeding Pontus two. Budget is $700 max and it’s seems there are a number of cables in that range, thx in advance and happy New Year!

bikeboy52

@bikeboy52 

I’m using DH Labs Silversonic Mirage USB from my streamer to a Pontus ll and am very happy with it. Are you using the USB output on your N200? What are you looking to change by changing cables?

@kota1 thanks everyone! Lots to consider. Kota1 when you set your path to add the ddc and cable was it to just be able to connect via I2s? or was there a specific change in SQ that you were aiming for by connecting that way? IDK if the exchange rate is favorable right now or what but that upgrade of an Iris and basic hdmi cable is maybe $600 all in, It was one of the changes I was looking into also, thanks again everyone!

My experience has been positive with simple, solid silver wiring from DH Labs.

I have tried silver plated copper and found it starts bright, and then seems to change and sound exactly like copper. 

YMMV.

I'm a semi believer. 

I am a firm believer in quality cables and indeed all of my digital cables are silver plated copper.  I think digital benefits especially from silver.  Plated is adequate because of the very small size of the signal.  Larger wires are required more for durability than ampacity.  

I've reread your post twice, there is at least one typo in it, but it sounds like you asked about the cable downstram of the DAC, which is obviously analog.  I don't think silver has as big a role to play in analog (my experience).  I have a set of silver interconnects.  They are great.  I'm currently using Mundorf wires that are a copper, silver, gold blend that they claim they develioped by experimentation to see which alloys sounded best.  They are very good.  I do like silver connectors.  KLEI are very good.  I stay away from rhodium, a poor conductor. 

I say semi believer because all of this can be done at a reasonable (3 digit) price and most cable manufacturers are taking advantage of audiophile high tolerance for 4 and 5 digit prices. 

Jerry

This could be helpful in general regarding silver cables in general: