Classical music newbie needs your suggestions

I purchased around 300 like new classical albums last summer. Music from a wide range of composers. I also purchased around the same amount of operas. (I may sell those).

I’m finally retired and able to pursue a lifelong desire to understand and enjoy classical music.

Pieces that move you to tears, or pluck heart strings. Your all time favorites.
The albums you’d take to that desert island.
Any suggestions are welcome.

128x1281111art

I like classical music because it can bring people together to solve Riddles and provide a sense of enjoyment and relaxation.

Hey 1111art,  How are you? It's me again with A superior suggestion For enjoying opera again. It's a recording called "Puccini Gold". It's recorded with some of the Greatest opera stars of all time!!! Believe me it will re-stimulate your opera senses. As far as  I know, It's only available on streaming and CD. If you system is good, you'll be transfigured and sent straight to heaven.

If you have any Mozart Opera by the Drottningholm Opera company, listen to it. If you don't, look for it.

My number one favorite is Prokofiev’s 3rd Piano Concerto, and Ashkenazy and The London Symphony Orchestra conducted by Andre Previn is the best I’ve found.  Also, Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique, Munch and The Boston Symphony Orchestra RCA Victor Red Seal LSC-2608 if you can find it.  A great thing about classical is there is little demand so prices are reasonable and they’ve usually been well cared for.  Enjoy!

@jdougs  I've had a full on passion for Prokofiev's 3rd Piano Concerto ever since I was about ten years old and my dad gave me a William Kappell/Antal Dorati mono LP of it in an attempt to get me to pay more attention to the piano in the living room. It didn't help my piano-playing motivation much but it did make me an intense fan of the piece. I've never stopped listening to it. It's been surging through my being for about sixty years now. It's still the performance I listen to the most.