The best plug in filter ever!

Puron AC Power Conditioner by Greg Voth

After reading rave review of Puron AC plug in filter, I had got one 10 days ago.

For your information my system is very complicated with bi amping and three Farad linear supplies.

Thus I have 14 power cables, one main power conditioners, three isolation transformers.

I had tried plug in fliters from quiet lines, quartet stecker, IFI, furutech, Nordost Qv2 and QX2 fliters.

I still have all of them in my system without selling any of them.

I am collector. 😁

All of them had brought slight improvement but not drastic change.

But as soon as I inserted Puron Ac filter, it made background black with more details and clear bass.

The stereotimes review is spot on.

Encouraged by the result, I had ordered two more of them so that I can insert more of them close to amps and Dac.

Now my system got transformed with more vivid and clear sound stage but not overetched.

This is the best 750$ that I had spent during last 5 years in my audio system.

Thomas

128x128shkong78

@goofyfoot

totally agree with your experience on Akiko. As always, the answer to me doesn’t seem to be either or. Much rather a gradual approach to find out what’s best for what has resulted in the following approach to cleaning up the power: Akiki Audio fusebox holder, Blck Box and Tuning stick on the junction box for the separate spur as well as tuning chips on all power cables, AddPowr Symphony pro+PSU on the main power lead, Acoustiv Revive RPT4 distributor + Furutech NCF clearline on digital, battery power on phono. For completeness sake I run my router supported by an Add Powr Eau2 and use Acoustic Revive REM-8 EMI suppressors on all torroidal transformers in the system. Sounds messy? Well it took me over 15 years to fine tune and a whole box of discarded widgets at no small expense…Cleaning up the power is singularly important, hence the need for all the stuff above as well as a total of 6 highgrade linear power supplies serving dac, clock, 2 switches, the router and the Etherregen.

@antigrunge2 I’ve had the same experience by trying certain plugs in a variety of places. For example, I have two XLR inputs on my DAC and by plugging an XLR Tuning Stick into the right channel, it renders a more forward presence while plugging it into the left channel, it renders a more relaxed presence. I opt for the more relaxed option given that my Quad ESL’s have a slightly forward sonic signature themselves. Also, by placing the triple enhancer in a variety of different outlets on my line conditioner, I’m given various choices. Fortunately my amplifier is battery powered, so that avoids the ac garbage on that end. In your opinion, is it possible that these higher quality, plug type filters, could potentially replace the need for a line conditioner at all?

I thought the Akiko tuning stick was just a type of grounding device.

ozzy

So, getting back to the Puron filters.

I just tried one of my Puron’s into the subwoofers (4) dedicated line... and indeed the bass sounds purer. I like it!

Now to get some more..

ozzy