DAC recommendations

Okay. So, before this becomes the typical dac battle, let me explain what I have and what I’m looking for. My system consists of an Aric Audio Custom 300b PSET amp(almost always in class A set mode), Audio Note an-e/lx speakers, Cambridge cxn v2 streamer modified by ModWright tube dac and a Topping d90 dac. I can switch back and forth to get a tube sound from the ModWright or a more “accurate” depiction of the recording through the Topping. After a few months, I think I want something in the middle. The tube dac lacks a little clarity and the Topping is very critical of poor recordings. Both have their times when they sound better but I’m seeking a middle ground. 
Here’s what I’m looking for. I would like clarity, without being analytical. But most of all, I want natural sounding! I want a piano to sound like a piano etc…Lastly, I prefer a bit more bass and less bright sounding. Does this dac exist?

Ive looked at the Denafrips Terminator 2 and would prefer not to spend $6800. Does the Venus 2 fit? Bricasti m3? Other suggestions? I have some high quality components and would like a dac to match. Thanks in advance 

earthbound

I bet those Mystique X’s sound nice. Don’t really want to spend 5k let alone 8k though. Would be nice. 

So land line in today and hooked up tomorrow. Yay! First step done. Will do Qobuz tomorrow as well. 
Anyone have any thoughts on P.S. Audio Direct Stream mk2 dac? I recently purchased a power conditioner and may trade it in. It’s a thought but there aren’t many reviews of their dacs. 

I went with Tidal since it’s supported on the Cambridge itself. Otherwise, I would have to download the app like Air Play. Not sure it makes a difference but it’s worth a try. Now I need to find where the file resolution is located to see where I’m at compared to Apple Music. Usually right under title but Tidal is different. 

If you want a clear and natural sounding DAC without breaking the bank, consider the latest DACs from Mytek. The Liberty II and the forthcoming next model up (not sure if it’s out yet). In the past their DACs were criticized for leaning analytical, but that’s not what I heard in the Liberty II. It’s around $850 used…think you’d have to spend $2-3k to appreciably better it.

I think you'll be chasing your tail until you get off of Airplay and maybe look for another streamer.