New Project RS2T transport

I have had one already and sent it back, did not work at all upon receipt. Dealing with the Music Room though is a pleasure. Will always do business with them. Had unit replaced with a new one, just arrived Yesterday, Sunday afternoon 7-25-22. Hooked it up and SAID WOW!!! I have a Meitner MA-1 DAC and the synergy is Fabulous. Right out of the box it sounded, GREAT. So very OPEN. I have been blessed when upgrading several pieces to be totally surprised by the improvements. VERY Audible!

I am somewhat concerned though as there have been a great deal of posts about quality control issues. (see first sentence)  As I said unit sounds GREAT, very impressed. HOWEVER, if anyone can comment that owns one, I noticed when placing the little magnetic puck on the disc that it just sits atop the center spindle and does not contact disc. The magnetic puck has a female center on the underside that goes over a very small  male metal protrusion. (SPINDLE)   I would think that it should go over that spindle totally and meet the disc firmly. (no space between disc and puck??? When I place puck on top of CD, It appears that the machining on the underside of the hole should be a MM wider so it doesn't sit atop the spindle and drops down totally on the disc. Hope this makes sense. Thanks Robert TN    Ps would like to thank Charles1 DAD  for encouraging me to stick with transport. It is that GOOD!!!   Just wondering if they all are designed to do what I am experiencing?

robshaw

@wig Thanks for your reply. Well, the Q-Stab CD clamp is a different material and larger than the supplied Pro-Ject RS2T clamp. At the speed that these discs spin, I imagine a different designed clamp is going to exert some degree of influence.

it's good to hear that the RS2T and Merason DAC1 combo has worked out so wonderfully for you.

Charles

Post removed 

The LTA LPS gives much more so for the $$ it has a very well shielded 100 Va transformer biggest in class , Words best Belleson regulators several stage smoothing caps ,several chokes for$700 ,the most natural LPS out there ,and an be made noticeably better by a decent powercord like the Pangea sig2  with Cardas wire ,and synergistic 5 Amp T purple fuse great balance with nice weight.

So far so good with my RS2T, I have added the LTA LPS and have been quite pleased. I'm using it with a Wire World Upgraded (bluish colored Power Cord) the one just before the Electra version which is OCC copper.  Just ordered a level 3 power cord from ANTI-CABLES. Will let everyone know the out come once I've had it for a while. Over all, VERY Happy!     ROCK & ROLL   Happy New Year

@robshaw 

It is good to know that all continues well with your RS2T and overall you’re very happy. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Charles