pro-ject cd box rs2 vs jays audio cd2 mk3

I have been following a lot of posts here , but I have not read of any comparisons as of the 2 transports . I am on the fence about the 2 transports as it does not seem that there is to many choices in that price range. I can purchase both transports for about the same price . any body compare them yet or have any other thoughts . thanks
kully560

@robshaw

I think that from your narrowed down list of the 3 CD transports you’d have been very satisfied. No dog in this trio. Pro-Ject’s design mission for their “Box” components is small/compact and space saving. Made from aluminum and carbon fiber it’s diminutive yet a dense feel to it.

I don’t believe it is by accident that several very upscale/expensive CD transport manufacturers have chosen to utilize the Stream Unlimited Pro-8 unit/Blue Tiger servo pairing.

The RS2T is probably 1/5 the weight of my former P.S. Audio PWT but simply out performs it across the board. So although light in weight they have obviously been successful in addressing vibration issues that can affect spinning CD drive units. I’ve enjoyed my RS2T immensely as the sound quality is superb.

Best wishes,

Charles

While the RS2T is on my WISH list, I have a Audiolab CDT6000 which is really good, especially with a HQ PC, and coax cable. They can often be found slightly used for <$500. I am about to receive the Pro-Ject CD player which uses the same  interStream Unlimited Pro-8 unit/Blue Tiger servo pairing magic as their RS2T. Needless to say, I am very interested to find out, how magical it is

Jaymark is correct the LTA power supplies are excellent ,and very natural sounding.

one thing that’s  very important ,the oversized low noise transformer and worlds best 

super low noise Belleson Linear regulators , which are 2-3 x the $$ as what the competition use. The LTA is the best under $1 k LPS unit out there 

and this was against a 2 year old Paul Hines, farad3 Sonore, Sbooster, and a     teddy pardo ,and fidilizer which was very clean but Waay to cold and neutral.

These are all very good linear power supplies. Some will sound better paired with certain components compared to others. There are just multiple factors/variables that make this so. It is impossible to declare one LPS superior to all the others based upon individual scenarios.

Charles

I have a Jay's Audio cdt2 mk3, just finished reading thru this thread. Any updated from the Project owners?