What Does It Take To Surpass A SME V?

Thinking about the possibility of searching for a new tonearm. The table is a SOTA Cosmos Eclipse. Cartridge currently in use is a Transfiguration Audio Proteus, and it also looks like I will also have an Ortofon Verismo if a diamond replacement occurs without incident. 

The V is an early generation one but in good condition with no issues. Some folks never thought highly of the arm, others thought it quite capable. So it's a bit decisive. 

The replacement has to be 9 to 10.5 inches. I have wondered if Origin Live is worth exploring? Perhaps a generation old Triplanar from the pre owned market?

Any thoughts on what are viable choices? 

neonknight

Send to me a private mail and I can give you a Pointer toward a Arm that has for a few put this arm and the Sibling Arm IV on the storage shelf.

Send to me a private mail and I can give you a Pointer toward a Arm that has for a few put this arm and the Sibling Arm IV on the storage shelf.

Why the secrecy?

It's difficult to better the SME V. Maybe a Triplanar. Maybe.

No Secrecy 

I have seen posts from neonknight and the info' offered may be well suited to their outlook on things.

If the contact is made, all that will need to be made know to learn more will be offered for their own evaluation and appraisal.

It is not hard to supersede in performance a Glorified version of a early Tonearm Design from the Company Rega.

If Rega had the collateral in the early days of their becoming a Business, there 'may' have been Patents Present that would have stop most plagiarist's in their tracks.

an sme is easy to beat why no azimuth

a triplaner or graham or kuzma are all superior 

Dave andTroy

audio intellect nj

an sme is easy to beat why no azimuth

I am afraid that this is not entirely true, you can always make slight azimuth adjustments on SME V.

If not then throw away the cartridge.

Now, yes it is a hard to beat arm, not perfect but close.