Who says studio monitors are "cold and analytical"?

Who says studio monitors are "cold and analytical"?  Does that mean audiophile speakers are warm/colored and distorted?   If Studio Monitors main goal is low distortion, does that mean low distortion is not something audiophiles want?  They want what, high distortion?  "Pretty" sounding distortion?  Or find pretty sounding speakers that make bad recordings sound really good?  What is the point of searching out good recordings then?  They won't sound as intended on a highly colored distorted speaker!   

Ag insider logo xs@2xlonemountain

@kenjit    If you don't like speakers that measure flat and reproduce music signals accurately but prefer flawed designs with peaks and troughs and distortion because the programme then sounds (to you) more exciting than what studio engineers require for their professional work, then that is your choice.

But don't come here promulgating it to sensible people like the rest who have posted.

Celtic66 your post is great! I agree it is supposed to be fun. I just got a pair of Snell type E speakers for fun. I always wanted to hear them (cant find or afford the model A flagship). I am having a blast! They image, are smooth and sound SO different than my current  system setup in the living room. My next speaker ? Who knows, I really want to hear a Vandersteen C . Merry Christmas everybody and happy new year!

Savior Complex:  

• Trying to change people: With the desire to be a savior, you might believe it’s within your power to fix or change people. You think you can improve their lives by changing their behavior. This strong tendency to want to change people can be toxic in and of itself because you’re not getting to know other people.

Thank you for the thought, but I do not wish to be saved by you.

Never heard that one. “Near field” yes, but not “cold and analytical”. For instance, JBL l 100’s aka 4311 studio monitors (used to mix probably 99% of every 1970s rock album) could never be considered cold and analytical, or near field for that matter. Dry perhaps, lacking good soundstage perhaps, but in no way cold and analytical. I know the 1970s reference shows my age but just my two cents.