Four Hour Tube Amp Warm-Up

My Primaluna Tube amps require a 4 hour warm-up in order to enter the Glory Zone. My previous Muzishare X7 tube amp was the same. Just wondering if this holds with the experience of other tube ampers.

bolong

10-15 minutes is great, but after an hour or two I'm often finishing my 2nd hazy IPA and it sounds wonderful! 😂

Op, +1 although my amp was more like 3 hours. Or should I say at least 3 hours 

I agree with lancelock. On the LTA design. What a benefit. Think about it over the lifetime of YOUR time. LTA deservingly should be considered with appreciation that often isn’t spoken about. For the Ultralinear, I can listen at the ten minute mark and get full value at about 30. Maybe due to the transformerless design,without noise, or product weight, ez access and inexpensive tube replacement, and the fact that the tubes last far beyond the norm so can remain on and don’t need to wait for any warmup.  What’s wrong with this other than one needs consideration for moderately efficient transducers for this design to ultimately not be a great choice?  

My ARC amp/pre need about 30 minutes or it sounds a little thin to me. Every hour after that just gets better and better.

I don’t know how people wait that long. It might warm up a lot faster if you just start using it from the get go rather than leaving it idle. I may watch some tv or better yet blast some cooking music that I can hear from the kitchen. Then, when I’m ready, I’ll switch to triode mode, make my selection, and let the music wash over me.