Why Don't you hear more about Audio Physics Speakers??

Anyone with an informed opinion of this brand

care to comment?? Thanks

128x128jeffseight

I think the Audio Physic speakers these days, e.g. Avanti, Codex and others, are among the best looking speakers I've seen.  It really helped that the got rid of the side firing woofers (now downfiring I believe), which made for a much smoother, neater look.   The new designs are so sleek and contemporary looking, and their wood finishes with that glass-like layer over them look really lux !

very well designed well built speakers... high resolution, terrific, vast soundstagers but a little lean with voices and lacking in bass weight and impact is what i recall from my various exposures to them over the years ... would benefit from subwoofer support despite their being fairly imposing floorstanders... like most speakers with some market success, they do some things very well, other things less so

The same thought crossed my mind a few days ago.  Probably because Mikey Fremer has not endorsed them in a long time.

it seemed to me they sort of disappeared when their chief designer  and founder left , and started his own speaker company under his own name...Sonics by Joachim Gerhard

After auditioning many speakers, I settled on the Audio Physic Classic-30. Iv'e had them for 8 yrs.,no problems at all. Great sounding speaker!Highly recomended!