Joseph Audio: Perspectives and Pearls

There have been several recent threads that have included both of these speaker. However, much of the discussion has focused on the Perspectives, with a number of positive reviews. I am quite interested in hearing them, but am also seriously considering the far more expensive Pearls as well. 

I am wondering if anyone has done a direct comparison or has upgraded from the Perspectives to the Pearls?  I am specifically interested if the Pearls might overwhelm my room (13 X 18 with 9 foot ceilings) which is not a space dedicated to my system (it's my living room.)

Thanks in advance for your experiences with these two speakers. 

128x128thr1961

@prof — thanks for your help and experience with the Perspectives. To be honest, I don’t feel drawn to spending tons of money on cables and your, umm, perspective is extremely useful in validating my suspicions. My current LFD speaker cables are terminated in bananas so they won’t work with the Josephs. But I think a logical plan is to have a chat with the folks at the cable company and order a few different options to try out, both speaker and interconnects. 

Again, many thanks. 

No prob.

Hey, I'm always looking for plausible upgrades to my system.

My Perspectives are currently at Joseph Audio being upgraded to the Graphene 2 version.  I can't wait to get 'em back and give a listen.

@thr1961 my speaker cables are also terminated in banana plugs on both ends. I’m using Cardas banana to spade converters. They work very well and are high quality.

Same for me:  Banana plugs for my speaker cables, using the Cardas Banana-Spades adapter (given to my by my Joseph dealer).

I change out my speakers often enough, and also even sometimes switch the connections to maintain polarity when I switch between my preamps, so dealing with banana connectors is so much easier.

Thanks, gentlemen!  I just ordered these which will now allow me to make a more thoughtful decision about cabling. I am looking at an interesting trial offering from Transparent where you can test drive speaker cables and interconnects. Someone on a different thread who has the same ARC gear shared his findings that Transparent seemed to have the best synergy with ARC. We shall see...