Jolida JD100 stock v. modded

I have a JD100 and am considering Underwood's level 1 or 2 mods. I've searched the archives, but it seems that most people buy this unit either stock or fully modded. Therefore, I would be interested in the comments of those who bought the unit stock and later performed the mods. Are the mods a significant upgrade? What are the characteristics of the modded player over the stock player? Would the modded player be done justice in my otherwise modest system? My amp is the Jolida 302b and speakers are Soliloguy 5.0. (See my "system"). FWIW, I'm also considering modding the amp.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
cruz123
I'm glad I kept my JD-100 basically stock, outside of the following: JHS Gold Label Sylvania 5751WA triple mica black plates, Chris VenHaus cryoed Flavor 1 PC, Herbie's Hal-O 9 tube dampers, all resting on a 22 lb. granite slab supported by Vibrapods. Has a 12 lb. piece of marble on the top resting on coasters. The tube pins, IEC prongs, PC prongs, and RCA plugs are all treated with Walker SST.

My contact with Jolida in the US was about identical to Crwindy's comments: swap tubes, maybe dampening, upgrade PC/ICs. That's it.

Please take note of trying the Walker SST; it was the piece d'resistance for my Jolida, in my system (Milindks
- I run Odyssey Stratos and Tempest, plus Groneberg ICs and speaker cables). IMHO, I'd much rather spend $70 on the Walker SST than doing the $$$ high-priced mods that may very well remove the pleasurable and fundamental characteristics of the JD-100.

I have no financial affiliation with Walker, Odyssey, Jolida, Groneberg, Herbies, the A-Gon vendor who sold me the Sylvania tubes, or the shop in town that let me pick the granite and marble for free from their nicely appointed scrap heap!

Happy listening.
Hi Djbnh,

Actually I bought it modified one .. and I am the one who is saying by it stock and spend the money on tubes, PCS .. I agree with you.

Meanwhile will try Walker SST, what speakers are you using.

Thanks,

Milind

@jafant  I have one in my rack but haven’t used it in years since streaming is so good and easy.

ketchup

Thank you for your quick reply to my query.

Is your player Stock or Modded? 
Any Tube Rolling?

Happy Listening!