The best plug in filter ever!

Puron AC Power Conditioner by Greg Voth

After reading rave review of Puron AC plug in filter, I had got one 10 days ago.

For your information my system is very complicated with bi amping and three Farad linear supplies.

Thus I have 14 power cables, one main power conditioners, three isolation transformers.

I had tried plug in fliters from quiet lines, quartet stecker, IFI, furutech, Nordost Qv2 and QX2 fliters.

I still have all of them in my system without selling any of them.

I am collector. šŸ˜

All of them had brought slight improvement but not drastic change.

But as soon as I inserted Puron Ac filter, it made background black with more details and clear bass.

The stereotimes review is spot on.

Encouraged by the result, I had ordered two more of them so that I can insert more of them close to amps and Dac.

Now my system got transformed with more vivid and clear sound stage but not overetched.

This is the best 750$ that I had spent during last 5 years in my audio system.

Ā 

Thomas

128x128shkong78

@lowrider57 sorry Buddy. I was going to wait til next year to purchase a 2nd one. I want to make sure if the first Puron will work in my system first and if itā€™s worth the money.

As I mentioned earlier about its sounding character, Purons and HFC magnets results in my system a bit differently. I thinkThe Purons sound similar to HFC Q-45T enhancer- warmer and fuller, more musical and authority. (NPS-1260ā€™s crisp, clean more revealing and detailed )

The spot I chose to put on the 2nd Puron at HFC MC-6 power conditioner is just a temporary. I will find a spot for it on my main Puritan-156 Pwr conditioner along with the first Puron and my chain of series HFC magnets after Christmas. Cheers

Note: I have 2 separate dedicated AC lines for each power conditioners via hospital grade Hubble AC outlets.

@nasamanĀ 

My comment about you buying the last one was tongue-in-cheek since you advised me they would sell out and then you made another purchase. Very decent of Mark to send me a demo unit to try.

So, most of your system runs off the Puritan. I split my MC-0.5's between the analogue line and the digital. My Core Power conditioners handle all the digital so I'll try the Puron on the amp & preamp line. Very good description of the sonic effects of the Puron, thank you, it filled in the blanks.

Ā 

Ā 

I have 3 components plug in my Puritan156, Jeff Amp, Lumin streamer and Uptone EtherRegen internet. The rest are for Pwr strip of magnets and now Puron. Please share your findings. ThanksĀ 

@nasaman

Ā 

It is good to hearĀ  your updated impression.

Ā 

I also enjoy music with three Furon filters in it.

As I plan to upgrade Line Magnetic 508 SET to LM monoblocks, I will try more tweaking after the amp upgrade

Ā 

Thomas

My own experiences re Puron

My friend from Thailand, Wuti L introduced me to Sudkee, a dear friend of his. A few weeks later I had my first Puron sample.

I have used Puron in the same Duplex that has the Mains for my Core Power 1000. Iā€™ve also used two Purons ā€“ in that same Duplex, as well as Position One on the CPT 1K.

Puron is NOT a Magnetically Derived Device. Puron deals mainly with ā€œtimingā€ which results in a vastly improved noise floor. Many of you have noticed this. I know I have

The results in my two systems are basically an improved retrieval of information. Both the Leading Edge and Decay are improved. I use the same 10 or so tracks when developing the LSA gear, new Core Power or (now), Next Gen Emerald Physics.

A Track that comes to mind is the nicely bouncy beat from Manu Katche ā€“ Keep on Trippin. I also like Ensemble Cello pieces (too many to name) as the Attack and Decay are easy to recognize and articulate in my systems.

Puron is a very good product. There is no web site as yet, but there will be one next week. Puron is an improvement in most systems ā€“ but perhaps, not all. I was going to put Puron in our web site that has our Vanguard Loudspeakers (www.xsa-labs.com) but I decided instead to have a site dedicated to Puron and another Ā new product from Swiss Digital called Fuse Box ā€“ coming soon. For now, those that want to send a note ā€“ [email protected]

Just closing by saying thanks to those that have supported me and the products Iā€™m involved in. Those not interested ā€“ I understand.

Happy Holidays

Mark