VPI turntables

I currently have an Aries Scout with a Soundsmith Carmen 2 cartridge, I'm wondering if I'd hear any improvement going to a Prime with 3D arm or a Super Scout 21 with 10.5 arm or would more improvement be had by changing cartridges. I like the sound now but like most of us I'm always seeking improvement..

I'm using an Ayre phono pre into Pass XP10.

Thanks John

johnto

If you not completely happy with the unipivot, VPI has a 2nd pivot mod that I use...its about 100 dollars and is worth the cost and setup time.

I no longer have my VPI table, but +1 on the dual pivot mod.  Easy to do and no more wobbling.

When I sold my Prime, the dual pivot mod was not available.  I heard better sound from a friends HW19 MK IV with a Jelco arm.  With the same cartridge as mine, we listened to both his VPI and my Prime in my system.  My friends TT was the winner by a mile. We were both using a Dynavector DV 10X5 cartridge plugged into my Mac C2500 with cartridge loading on the fly.  Compared to my friends turntable, my Prime sounded like a cheap Project TT. I was a VPI fanboy for 20 years owning the HW 19 JR, Scout and Prime.  My Technics SL1200G is my last turntable as I am over 1000% satisfied. 

Thanks I'll definitely look into the dual pivot mod.

Also checking on Technics and if anyone else has a recommendation in the $4k range.