VPI turntables

I currently have an Aries Scout with a Soundsmith Carmen 2 cartridge, I'm wondering if I'd hear any improvement going to a Prime with 3D arm or a Super Scout 21 with 10.5 arm or would more improvement be had by changing cartridges. I like the sound now but like most of us I'm always seeking improvement..

I'm using an Ayre phono pre into Pass XP10.

Thanks John

johnto

I no longer have my VPI table, but +1 on the dual pivot mod.  Easy to do and no more wobbling.

When I sold my Prime, the dual pivot mod was not available.  I heard better sound from a friends HW19 MK IV with a Jelco arm.  With the same cartridge as mine, we listened to both his VPI and my Prime in my system.  My friends TT was the winner by a mile. We were both using a Dynavector DV 10X5 cartridge plugged into my Mac C2500 with cartridge loading on the fly.  Compared to my friends turntable, my Prime sounded like a cheap Project TT. I was a VPI fanboy for 20 years owning the HW 19 JR, Scout and Prime.  My Technics SL1200G is my last turntable as I am over 1000% satisfied. 

Thanks I'll definitely look into the dual pivot mod.

Also checking on Technics and if anyone else has a recommendation in the $4k range.