I have an idea for an audio product what should I do?

Without giving too much away it involves working with smaller digital amplifiers that are modified for a certain application. Should I contact an electrical engineer or someone in the business already who builds audio amplifier products or...?? I have zero experience myself with building any audio related products but I think the idea I have is intriguing. Thanks for any help!

128x128blue_collar_audio_guy

Search in patents

Is it patentable? search

File for patent, take help of patent lawyers.

Everything else comes after. first patent.

I spoke to a patent attorney way back in the day and he thought I had a good idea and told me to imagine myself running the hurdles, in a dense fog, with the hurdles spaced indiscriminately and that there was no end to the race. 

Also, if someone were to steal your idea, it would take well over a year for a favorable judgment and the thief of your idea would still be cranking out your product, making money off of it. 

Needless to say, I didn't go through with it due to lack of resources on my end. Do your due diligence, as advised.

All the best,
Nonoise

Generally, you need some very detailed proof that what you are designing hasn’t been done before to get a patient. 

Next step is not a business plan.  Get an NDA (non-disclosure agreement).  

Find professionals willing to listen to your idea ... after the NDA is signed, of course.

Determine if you have a valid concept ... 

First of all, unless your idea is something so good, no person will back you and finance your project.  You would have to build a prototype and show that it is better than other manufacturer products.  It is difficult to build a prototype and bring something to market.  How do you plan to sell it?  Direct or through dealers?  If you don't have the skill to build it, then you are subject to another set of issues and concerns.  Once built, getting reviews is another issue.  The process to bring something to market is very time consuming and expensive.

If you really think your idea is still worth it, I can probably help you build a prototype.  We are a manufacturer or tube audio products.  My partner has a Masters in electronics and designs applications for corporations.  Contact me if you wish to discuss and need some direction.