Tonearm Parallel?

While  I reed in the tonearm setup instruction that the tonearm needs to be parallel to the surface of the disk, there are some real expert that stat the tonearm should be raised be a few mm at the bearing side.

What is your experience?

jorgjean

The SRA needs to be 92 degrees. The arm has to be adjusted to achieve that angle. 

@jorgjean 

Happy Day After Thanksgiving 

How many cartridges do you play with ? 

Suggestion 1 stereo and 1 mono from the same company and possibly even the same model  like Soundsmith Carmen mkII that comes in both or the Grado Prestige Specialty series Gold . This would eliminate height and weight differences.

Just something to think about .

I play 4 catridges, depending on the music I listen. All different sound signatures and varying in height by 1 mm. Benz Gullwing, My Sonic Lab, Van den Hull and Goldring Ethos. 

adjusting each time would be a pain.. 

@jorgjean 

Nice cartridges ,   my experience with setting the VTA parallel using a 160gr records works very well for records between 120gr and 200gr , I have a few records that are very light at 105gr that sounded bright .  

Using John Denver's "Poems, Prayers & Promises" one being a US Dynaflex pressing weighing 105gr and the other being a German pressing weighing 150gr the difference was noticeable but now as much as one would think . I've thought about trying to use a 150gr record to set the VTA but for now I think I have a few more 200gr records than 105gr ones so for now I'll keep 160gr as the middle or compromise setting .

Good Luck