Okay to use RCA adapter on a fully balanced amp?

Not a XLR is better or RCA is better question BUT if I have an amp (Digital Amplifier Co) that is fully balanced and only has XLR inputs, if you use a converter and go RCA from a Preamp, are you losing out in quality?

Here is something from audioholics and their review of one of their amps - 

"The MEGAschino is a true fully balanced differential amplifier from input to output. It is essentially two  amps for each channel, and one amp per phase. This means it really should be used in a fully balanced system.The manufacturer supplies an XLR to RCA adapter, but these should not be used. If a balanced connection cannot be used, note that the amp cannot be driven to full power from a 2-volt single-ended output, the limit of most receivers."

blkwrxwgn

Same quality more noise. Should not be noticeable.

You WILL notice a volume reduction. Then it only depends on the efficiency of your speakers.

you are loosing what the amp is capable of if you are sure your amp is fully balanced.

So, with your amp you paid a lot extra because the manufacturer had to create two independent channels instead of just one, which ups the parts count and price considerably and you basically lose that benefit by sending it an unbalanced signal.  Use a fully-balanced preamp would be my suggestion.

You likely will experiience no difference. However, instead of an adapter, I would make or have made a quality cable with XLR on one end and RCA on the other.

@soix   You are assuming there is an inherent benefit to balanced cables.  Many, if not most, do not agree with that assumption.  Having multiple inputs=good.  Having ability to accomodate both xlr and rca=good.  Needing another RCA because your component doesn't have xlr out=common problem.