Amazon music vs Qobuz

I’m currently using Qobuz for streaming music. Amazon music is considerably less than Qobuz but I’m wondering what the differences are. Amazon goes on and on about commercial free music. Which makes me wonder how much is commercial free. Qobuz is 100% commercial free. 

z32kerber

So no one talks about Tidal anymore? I never liked it personally. I left it and when they asked me why online I said it was way too hip hop centric. I tried to sign up about a year later to check out the MQA and they would not let me on!! Lol. 

I’ve been using Amazon Music HD for about 6 months and am happy with it. 
Amazon offers a three month free test drive. If you Don like it, cancel and you’re not out anything.

All the best.

I've had Amazon HD since it's inception.  I felt it was a step up sound wise from Spotify.  The family plan is about $200 annually.  

I tried Qobuz for almost a year and to my ears it was an improved sound presentation the imaging was much better but the selection was really lacking compared to AmazonHD  Qobuz would have some of an artist but seemed not to have my favorites.  They have a way to request an album be added but not once did any my requests be filled.  

It was finally too frustrating to continue and the improved sound quality wasn't worth having both.  The Qobuz app is also buggy and poorly designed.  (no scroll bars on the saved library... come on).

I usually use my local storage for the music I listen to and use Amazon to explore new stuff.  I really wanted to like Qobuz but except for the sound difference Amazon is a much better product.

I use streaming primarily for auditioning recordings.  If I really like it I then buy a download or a CD.  I use an Android phone but my wife has an iPhone.  She had a free Apple Music subscription and started to make playlists, etc and then the subscription vanished and she was upset.  I tried to interest her in Qobuz but it was a leap too far for her.  So I canceled my Qobuz and we have anApple Music subscription for $10 less a month than my single Qobuz.  Qobuz did sound a tick better but Apple sounds better than Spotify, for example, and so far it’s fine.  Interesting, Apple Music works much better on my Android phone than Qobuz did , so I actually listen to it more while driving than I did with Qobuz.

I did the free Amazon trial and it sound’s fine as well.  I could have lived with it if my wife had wanted to go that direction 

I've tried both. I prefer Qobuz because the songs each provide information (limited) about who is on each track. I also like the recommendations from Qobuz, especially for classical and jazz. Amazon already gets enough of my money.

It's hard to find the most recent stats on Qobuz, but I believe they pay more per stream to artists than Amazon.