Best Amps for Magneplanar 1.7i Speakers

I have a new pair of Magneplanar 1.7i speakers. Source material is CDs played on an  OPPO 105D disc player, and Qobuz streamed through the OPPO. Current amplification is Rogue Audio Sphinx (version 1). I have an old B&W powered subwoofer (ASW2000)  connected to the subwoofer outputs on the Sphinx. Listening room is about 15’x14’, ceiling height 9’. The sound quality is reasonably good but at times it feels a little underpowered. I’d welcome thoughts  on whether the Sphinx is enough amplifier for the speakers and what other amplifiers (integrated or pre- and power-amp combinations) might work well? Especially interested in views regarding tubes versus solid state. Budget for the amp or amp combo is $4,000 to $8,000. Thanks in advance!

kevin1956

I've used a mc250 ss ,Mc275  tube and now a parasound p5  pre with a parasound A21+. Very happy.

How does an amp "feel underpowered"?

200 watts into 4 ohms is plenty. Just admit you're itching for something new and call it a Christmas present to yourself. 

Whenever I’ve had Magnepan, I’ve ended up with Bryston. Very easy to listen to, very clear, family business, 20 year warrantee, best customer service in the industry. Sane prices. Perfect for HT. What’s not to like?

Sanders Magtech amp hands down. I had 1.7 I 's and 3.7's and it powered them with ease and great finesse. Maggie's need CURRENT and the Magtech has loads of it  runs cool they are extremely overbuilt.