RIP Christine McVie

McVie's family said she "passed away peacefully" surrounded by loved ones at a hospital after a "short illness."

toolbox149

+1 dadork  Over My Head and of course, Songbird. Always feel connected to herr when I hear these. An intimacy conveyed with her delivery. RIP Christine

Sad news indeed. Since I started collecting records in the early ‘70s there’s not been an album more highly anticipated (IMO) than Fleetwood Mac’s Tusk. Turned out to be a very interesting follow up to Rumours. Christine had some great moments on it. I’ve also always liked her contributions on the Welch-FM albums. She definitely had her own style and sound.

Very sad to hear! She was by far my favorite FM member, supremely talented & a class act all the way. She will be missed. RIP

Just got through listening to her Etta James cover of I would Rather Go Blind, what a beautiful voice and seemed to be one of the special people in this world. Loved all incarnations of Fleetwood Mac but was always drawn to the early years with Green and then the stint when McVie and Welch handled the vocals, Heroes Are Hard To Find is one of my favorite albums ever. RIP