Streamer matching to system

I am looking to upgrade from my blusound node. I am running a McIntosh MA5300 integrated amp with Revel f208’s and a velodyne DD10 sub with iPad as control interface. I am looking for recommendations for a hifi streamer & digital transport that can store digitally purchased hi res music files. The innuous models come to mind but wondering if there are other products / solutions that I should demo? Some other considerations:  very open to used gear, no limitations on space to house the solution, MQA is not required as I prefer Qobuz, trying to stick close to $3k budget. Cheers!

Attachment.png

Ag insider logo xs@2xmatt_mccloat

@matt_mccloat 

If you check out my system, you will see what I did to upgrade my Node. I have now zero need to spend more on a streamer. The Node set up the way it is is at least as good as my vinyl and CD rigs. In fact the streaming has even a wider soundstage. For real.

The Innuos Zenith Mk3 is a great unit and in my experience has been bullet proof.  It is a great sounding streamer and the CD ripping/storage functionality is very convenient. You can use Roon or it will also serve as a Roon core device, but the inhouse Innuos Sense control application works flawlessly and sounds much better than Roon in A/B listening IMHO. I spent a lot of time going back and forth before giving up Roon because the sonics with the Innuos Sense application where just better. Add a Phoenix USB reclocker at some point and you are approaching state of the art streaming sound. Not sure where the price point is these days, but it should be in the $3k ballpark. 

@matt_mccloat 

Do you like the Bluesound software? I have the new N130 and replaced the power supply with a linear power supply and am running it into a Denafrips Pontus ll. The better DAC made a huge difference as you might have guessed and the new power supply made a very noticeable difference as well. Oh and the Node and software sees my NAS where I have about 1600 CD’s ripped and that’s a big plus for me.