Amp pairing with Tannoy Turnberry?

Hi all!

Going to be picking up a pair of Tannoy Turnberry speakers in the near future, and was looking at some various options for integrated amplifiers. There are a couple on my radar and was wondering if anyone who owns the speakers has any insight. 

1. Primaluna EVO 300 or 400 - torn on whether the extra $ warrants going for the 400 over the 300. I had a Primaluna + Tannoy pairing some years ago and loved it, so immediately thought of this one.

2. NAT audio single HPS v2 - this is at the very top end of what I could consider budget wise. I have heard this amp, but not with the tannoys. It sounds incredible to me, but I'm not sure if it would play nice with the Turnberry speakers and don't have the ability to test one at home. 

From what I've hard of the NAT, I'm thinking it may be the better option, but maybe there is a better solid state in the price range I'm looking at. Ideally, I'd like to stay in the 5-6k range, but willing to stretch a little bit more for something I will be happy with for the forseeable future. 

Thanks for any insight.

128x128mmcgill829

Tannoy DCs sound best with amplifiers with medium output impedance /damping factor.That generally means push pull valve amps of more than 15 watts.

There is also a few SS amps that will suit them-Bakoon,Dartzeel NHB 108 and Sugden A21  as they have medium output impedance.Nearly all SS and Class D amps have low output impedance.

Don’t worry. Fine amp with good Thd+N will drive them perfect, you can pair with accuphase for warm sound, more bass; mcintosh for clean sound, mid and treble but not too much bass. Audiolab 6000a for economy solution. 

Nice sounds good @lalitk  and @charles1dad it was my first time hearing Tron gear but it sounded amazing, helped of course by the great WVL field coil speakers.

I have a westminster diy using hpd 12 inch classic tannoy drivers.  I've found the McIntosh mc275 with a tube pre amp and tube phono pre works perfectly.