Power conditioner vs use of a audio grade outlet?

If I have a $7000 Power conditioner and really nice power cables is there a need for audio grade outlet? Maybe it's a dumb question but if I didn't have this other good stuff maybe I should get an audio grade outlet.

Pangea seems to offer a good outlet for about 100 bucks. 

jumia

@immatthewj

You are not wrong to worry about making sure the wiring and breakers and outlets are all safe to use together.

Breakers must be rated at no more amperage than the wiring can support.

Non-locking, 120V/15A duplex outlets are rated for use in 20A circuits, but the socket doesn’t support the use of a 20A plug, with the rotated hot. From an audio perspective, the 20A outlets are not better. There’s no more metal or grip there than in the 15A units. It is a practical way to tell end users, usually in commercial settings, quickly what they can/cannot plug their big ass vacuum cleaner or dough mixer or whatever into.

However, if you are running 20A dedicated circuits, you might as well use the 20A sockets. :) If you plan to use a dedicated audio circuit with 4 outlets though most electricians would stick to the 15A sockets.

Think of it as 20A sockets are for dedicated 20A circuits with no more devices on it. It says "hey, you can plug in your table saw, and just your table saw, here! We planned for that"

The 15A sockets say "You can plug in a few average appliances to us."

@erik_squires  , okay, thanks, I must have misunderstood something on that previous thread.  I'll try to find it later & maybe paste the link to it for you?

One deserves the other.

In audio, everything effects (and affects) everything else.

Why would a person seeking absolute excellence in playback scrimp on any power supply component?  Penny wise and pound ($7,000.00) foolish.

There are many great choices available.  Pick 1, or 2, or 3.  Choose 1.

Duh.

Clean power is important (dedicated power line, HQ outlet, no artifacts)but only part of the whole story. The biggest problem in every power supply is still the overall quality of the psu because it will define the sound of the amp/DAC etc. Take a closer look.

In some cases the PS audio multiwave feature can counter balance psu quality problems by using higher frequency charging cycles for the caps. In other cases balanced power can solve problems.