Anyone optimized their ModWright Transporter yet?

Wondering if there are any other ModWright Transporter owners out there? if so:

* What are you using for tubes? I'm very impressed with the sound stock using the 5U4 rectifier and the 6N1P triodes. Any positive experience tube rolling?

* any other tweaks effective? Tube dampers? What are you supporting it with? I've been using Herbie's feet, but wonder if cones or myrtle blocks might offer advantages?

I'm a vinyl guy, so this whole digital thing has been a revelation to me. I've never heard a CD player that came anywhere close to delivering the sound quality and "you-are-there" feeling that the MW Transporter delivers. Not that there isn't better stuff out there, but I've never heard it. So I'm looking to get the best out of it that I possible can.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!
dfhaleycko
I've been hoping for a good comparison of the Modwright Transporter vs. the APL version. Both Dan and Alex have done great work. It would be very interesting to see a throwdown between the two.
Shredder,
Are you running the xlr or rca outputs on the Transporter into your CAM 350's?
Are you using the onboard attenuation on the Transporter?
Thanks,
Bill
Tonyptony,

The difference between the two is that Alex is the undisputed master of the digital side while Dan & Alan Kimmel are definitely the masters of the analog side.

Ben
Mr. Bill. Just found your post (5 weeks later). Sorry.

I am using the XLRs, which do not permit use of the onboard attenuators. Instead, I am using Endler's. Because i just got them, I can't give too much of a review, but so far so good.
I'm running 6H30-DR Supertubes as my two signal tubes, and a 1955 Mullard metal-base GZ34 as my rectifier.

A knockout combo to be sure!