I've been selling heavier gear for lighter gear

I've been thinking about this again. Yesterday I wrapped my freshly sold 55lb ss amp in a buncha bubble wrap, double boxed w/styro sides, then took to mail store (rolled in on a dolly). Later in the day I returned to pick up my 2nd Carver Black Magic tube amp, which weighs all of about 20lbs. If I hadn't bought them was gonna buy van Alstine monos, which are also small & light. 

Earlier this year sold 110lb speakers and bought kef blade 2 (80 lbs & easy to maneuver). 

I've been moving the platform stands around a bit for mono placements, and having lightweight amps is soooo relaxing. How about here, how bout there, np. 

Anyhoots, who else factors in the tonnage of the gear they buy? Any other 'lightweight' fans like me? 

128x128zufan

Stop the insanity.  65 is the new 40.  They way half of us are talking I'm surprised we haven't started a thread about the best way to get out of a recliner.  🤣

Getting out of the recliner is still pretty easy....it's that first 'sit-up' in the a.m.that poses challenges....

From *blink* "Coffee....stat..." to "...oh, no...not again...." *L*