CD Player - Dgital Out on Onkyo C-7030

Does anyone know if the spdif output on this CD player by-pass the internal dack on the player? I rarely use it, as the sound is poor compared to CD to Flac files downloaded on my hard drive. I am wondering if the purchase of a CD transport would improve the sound quality of playing CD's. Sometimes I just want to play a CD.

128x128pooch2

The wired 4 sound Reclocker sounds like the perfect solution. I think if the CD option was marginally better, sound wise, I may start using it again, like throwing on an album or 6. I just like the physical simplicity and going through and choosing the CD of choice, it is just a little old school enough to satisfy that itch. Options are always good! Thanks for that possible solution.

@pooch2 

I am assuming that you are connecting the Onkyo CDP to the same DAC as the computer.  The files that you play from the computer have been ripped to a HD. Hard drives tend to sound better than the same disc played on a CDP.  This has been noted since the first CD burners were used, when people noticed that the burned copies sounded better than the originals.  Presumably there is a jitter reduction.

I suspect ther problem lies with the transport section of the player. A reclocker may help. There are a couple of transports that sell for under 1K that may be the solution: Audiolab 6000, Cambridge CXC. Much on this forum regarding thes units.

I Checked the reclocker cost and by the time I get it landed in canada, the cost would be in excess of $500.00, so a new Audiolab 6000 might be my option. I have read some good experiences members have had with this unit and I can purchase the Audiolab 6000 for around $700.00 including tax which seems reasonable.