My Amp is good but probably the weak point

I have an Odyssey Audio Khartago Stereo. It’s got the larger tranny, upgraded wiring, RCA and Speaker posts. It might have one step up from the baseline circuit board (I don’t recall). It’s the first piece I bought and it’s been great. 
but as my system has come together I feel like it’s a choke point though I feel the sound of the system is superb.

So with that I began researching and feel like the Coda #8 would be a strong contender to replace it. My research has also included a JC5 and sending my amp back to Klaus to upgrade to Kismet level.

As of now:

sl1200GR (KAB damper, Isanoe feet)

AT33PTG/II

Sutherland 20/20 MK1 (+ LPS)

Denafrips Athena line stage

Odyssey Khartago

Klipsch Heresy IV

Rythmik L12 (pair)

RCA, XLR, speaker and power cords are Audio Envy

anyine have thoughts? I feel like a part of me wants to go Kismet but that’s 2-6 months to get that done. I have a Vidar as a backup amp but it’s not anywhere near as good as the Odyssey.

$5k limit and looking used. Solid state only.

gochurchgo

@gochurchgo 

Maybe a Denafrips Hyperion to go with your Athena?

Usually preamps and amps in the same company play very well together.

All the best.

Speakers

do dealers still let you audition speakers for 2 weeks?

if sound is your issue, get different speakers, or try new ones. The Klipsch treble for me has always been a “no go” BUT, it’s the highs and treble which ultimately give you that airy open sparkly sound.

I found my speakers, I wish they handled a wee bit more juice. There is no fatigue what so ever, they are relaxed and have descent bass, plus the acoustic guitar is pure awesomeness.

speakers will give you the most change in sound. Dynaudio is an amazing speaker.
I had a tough time when I went speaker shopping, as the wife was sick of the CV D9 monkey coffins in our family room. I lost midrange crunch, and that window shaking low end. But I have it time, and after about 300-350 hours , man did they get smooth, and just so rich sounding. As I mentioned, I don’t like a lot of treble, makes me grit teeth, and makes me uneasy. Before I bought my first power amp when I was 17 Onkyo m-504, I thought I was hot stuff, until I literally melted the binding posts in the back left channel, they were molten plastic.

now, I will have no less than 300+ W at 8Ohm.

I was told I think in here, my Energy rc-70 speakers are firewood, oh well…each their own huh? You love the shimmering treble you have, me I like it toned down.
as I play a lot of metal, and it’s super trebly, I have a broad music spectrum, I go from Kreator, to goatwhore, down shift to T-Rex, Thin Lizzy, Johnny winter, to Motörhead, Bathory, Y&T, right to Ry Cooder, Then to Chrome, or Helios Creed, then to Lillian axe, Venom, Celtic Frost, John Denver, Waylon Jennings, Malevolent Creation,…..you get the stew.  

audition speakers should be your first step. Then get kismet in khartago “glass ceiling” amps as Klaus calls them. Took me,…oh gosh, many many years to get the money, but I bought a old pair of silver stratos, had Klaus give them the treatment, so glad I did.

whatever route you choose, keep us informed and up to date

@arcticdeth  Heresy IV’s aren’t like previous versions. The top end is surprisingly smooth and refined. I too listen to death metal aling with black ambient, death industrial and power noise. The Heresys don’t disappoint.

The Music Room (TMRAudio.com) currently has a # 8 for $4199 and an S5.5 for $3841; BUT, there is a listing for a S 5.5 on US Audiomart for $3100.

I love my Coda amp and adding it certainly took my system to another level. Since you are happy with your current speakers, I think you might be on the right track to consider upgrading your amp. Good luck in your search!