Audiolab 6000CDT

Does anyone own this CD player? Interested in your input, I may purchase this in the near future.

rockysantoro

Yep, I bought one about 6 months ago. Replaced my ‘player’. Excellent, *especially for the money*. My CD’s now sound much better. A real improvement, and very pleased. The presentation of my CD’s now has a nice weight and fullness I did not have before, and not ‘glarey’ at all. Prior I would say my streaming setup sounded better than my CD’s, but the 6000CDT flipped that back around. Granted, Im a vinyl guy mostly, so don’t have a lot of money sunk into the digital rig side.

You will find many here are big fans of the 6000CDT.

I have owned some really good $3-5,000 players, IMO, the majority of people buying the CDT don’t usually have the budget for a quality dac and cables, but a quality coax and PC transformed my 6000 into a very high value performer; of course the amp and speakers need to be good enough to hear the improvements. I no longer buy silly expensive heavily advertised/reviewed cables, or their entry level offerings. I buy from Ali-Express, specifically from DIY Hi-Fi. I am very fond of their Nordost Knockoffs (wish they called them something else like Neardost...), specifically the Odin Gold range of PCs, interconnects and Coax. I replaced both the coax and PC for less than the price of an entry level cable from any of the highly advertised and considerably more expensive cables

FYI, if you check you can find the CDT for <$400 slightly used, most likely because they did not buy high quality cables for it

hth

I returned the 6000 .  It just didn’t sound good in my system at that time,  Since, my system has completely changed and I decided to rip all my cds with a laptop and usb CD drive.  My CDs  now sound amazing.  My point is not to criticize the transport, but suggest that you consider a NAS and pay attention to cleaning up power, ethernet as it enters your system and interconnects.