Rhodium...hmmm

I recently purchased pc for cd player with rhodium ends on both...I wasnt feeling the mojo from it and was not content with lowend resolution/grunt.I switched ac/male end with nice furutech copper and it has made the difference...Im surprised at the difference that it has made.Bass has more info/definition/warmth and high end still has sparkle with the neutral transparency that rhodium (iec) seems to offer.I know this has been talked about alot and probably deserves a duh!.. Rhodium indeed has its place in my system after all this time.Like it.

digsmithd

I agree, Rhodium can sound good but does take a really long time for break-in and the consistent good sound. In my opinion, that's why when you read the forum here on Audiogon about the Furutech GTX-D Rhodium (R) Duplex Receptacle, members report very long time periods of inconsistent sound and 250 - 300 hours or more of break-in time.

Cable being used is simple furutech absolute power plus...14 gauge occ copper used for my cd player.The cable itself is well made but as stated it came with both ends rhodium.It just didnt have that full warmth in lowend...it does now.Cable was bought used and i assume he ran until breakin was achieved.I was set to write this cable off that 14 awg isnt enough to give up the goodies/cd player...its ok to be wrong,right?

I posted because i achieved what i was hoping through mixing ac ends fwiw.

I concur with above statements about rhodium. I use it on virtually every PC with exception of silver on a couple pc. I used mostly gold plated copper or straight copper for many years, one by one I switched to rhodium as it brought more openness and transparency to system. As usual these things all about synergy, I have both copper and silver IC and copper speaker cable, connectors also vary, silver, gold plated copper and rhodium all used.

surfaces meeting between receptable and PC are unlikely to be either even or tight. Most likely different metals will be forming the contact. In my experience a good contact enhancer such as Mad Scientist is well neigh indispensable

@sns

You mentioned power cables (PC). A few months ago I purchased 4 PCs from a Latvia brand called Lavricables. Pure unshielded  silver conductor with rhodium plated connectors. They are sounding splendid in my system. The rhodium is causing no sonic issues whatsoever.

Charles