Anyone hear the Class D Audio Mini GaN 5 amp yet?

Looks intriguing but not much out there on it yet so wondering if anyone here has had a chance to hear it or, even better, had a chance to compare it to other amps. Thinking of taking a flier on this amp given the tech and price, but we all know implementation is everything so looking for some real-world impressions before ponying up any dough. Also, please let’s not make this yet another measurement debate — I’m purely interested in sonic impressions here so take your measurement comments elsewhere. Thanks.
soix

@evank this is unfortunate to hear about.  I just suggested a friend look into this amp to hook up to his Sprout 2 to give more power and have better sound.  He’s looking into the latest Magnapans (around $1k- I forget which model)

I’m really interested in a 5 channel GAN amp for home theater if anyone knows of one (preferably reasonably priced)  ClassD said a while back they might make one, but haven’t seen any word about it.

@emailists 

I was hoping the problem could have been solved. Plenty of people are using these amps with no problems. I switched preamps and cables and still had a problem. My own amp back in the chain and no problems before or after. Let's hope they can figure it out. Bench testing would not work I don't think if it's intermittent. 

@soix Love the GaN Fets just couldn't give this one run through,sorry

@evank It might be helpful to describe your system in detail to understand the context in which you tried these amps.

@catluck 

I'll cut to the chase: some of the most musical amps I've heard in over 40 years in this wonderful pursuit.

I have to say that for a 11 year Audiogon member with 100's of transactions to make his first post ever saying how good the amplifier is really a high endorsement.

@celander 

What more can I say. The amps would go into protection mode for whatever reason. My systems detail is listed in my system page.