Weiss 501 DAC

With great caution, just set up my new Weiss 501 DAC.  Why pray tell with great caution? Because I'm running ATC 40 actives and did not wish to mistakenly cook them by incorrect hookup while using the unit as a DAC and single source preamp/volume control.

Far too soon for evaluation, but not too soon to observe and appreciate the incredibly small footprint of it all.  Naim Core server, Weiss 501, Decware power conditioner all sitting on Quadraspire Reference X stand, appropriate cabling, PCs and done.  Compact civilized aural pandemonium! 

celtic66

Does Weiss even have user support?  I sent them a support query weeks ago, with no response.  

I cannot get a 501 to maintain a stable connection to a WlFi LAN and receive UPnP music.  Anyone domestic who you can turn to?

Does Weiss even have user support? I sent them a support query weeks ago, with no response.

I cannot get a 501 to maintain a stable connection to a WlFi LAN and receive UPnP music. 

in the recent past i have emailed with a question to weiss in switzerland, daniel weiss himself answered me within 24 hrs

that said, you may need a networking tech to solve your local problem, weiss probably cannot help you... their stuff works, in my experience

I had the same experience with getting a response directly from Daniel. The Music Room sells them as well as Bluebird Music—perhaps try them

Daniel Weiss owns and operates the company.  He is a busy guy and can’t respond to every customer issue.  Your first inquiry when having trouble should be to your dealer.  That is literally our job and why we make money on these products. We are your first line of support.    

If you bought it used and don’t have a dealer, the distributor is Bluebird Music and they ought to help.  Send a note to them via the Contact Us link on the site.  

This is going to be a very tough one though as there are lots of variables.  What software are you using.  What mesh system? How far is the node from your core? Etc….  The big issue here is there is a good chance it isn’t the DAC.

what scott (@verdantaudio) says is right

but i will note i have personally found bluebird distinctly unresponsive to retail customers/end users in the past, maybe they have cleaned up their act in the present day...