Pass labs upgrade path

Hi there. I’m Currently running a X350.5 and XP20 with a Bricasti M1SE and PBN KAS speakers. 

I have budget to upgrade amp or preamp and am considering either a X350.8 or XP22 or XP30 as my next logical upgrade. 

I’m more inclined for a XP22 than anything else as I heard a XP12 in my system and it did sound much more like a live show but without the advantages of separate power supply. 

I have not heard a XP30 or a .8 amplifier so I figured I’d ask around and see if anyone had been in a similar spot. 

Thanks y’all. 

128x128systembuilder

The Motherlode has single ended outputs that fed the Pass amps, now a Coda Model 16. He also has gain control on all of his preamps I believe so it pairs well with most solid state amps.

I’d recently tried an XP-12 in two of my systems. It was very impressive! The piece had enchanting detail, and one of the best volume controls that I’ve experienced to this point. In the end though, I preferred the XP 2.5, and an Aric Unlimited II, in their respective systems in terms of overall synergy. I was not prepared to build an entirely new system around the XP-12.

I've enjoyed Pass amps with preamps from Pass, ARC, JRDG.  Also enjoyed Pass preamps with numerous other brand amps. I feel the Pass preamps took a big step forward when they went from the X to the XP models (more input from Nelson Pass I'm told)...