Why do so many sellers take offense to offers on their listings?

If you have the 'offer' feature activated then what's the problem with any offer. Comments like 'lowball' offers will be ignored just gives me a bad vibe. If your item has been up for sale then there is no insulting offer. I've made deals with people starting far apart and coming together. If you haven't noticed the audio market seems to have come to a standstill. Any opinions?

128x128bubba12

eBay has an option to allow the seller to automatically reject an offer below a dollar amount the seller selects, and to automatically accept offers above a certain point, as well. Nice option, cuts the wasted time down considerably.

Ok, let’s look at it from the seller’s side. For example say we have a popular unit, used, great condition, priced right among the comps.

Why do you think, as an interested buyer, deserve a discount?

Of course it's not always about a buyer thinking they deserve a discount. Sometimes it's just about having limited means. For example, knocking a few hundred dollars off a $5k amp might make a big difference to some people. It goes without saying that the seller doesn't have to sell.

99% of all posts are by a know it all or deep walled listening to a salesman whit his thumb up a caramel apple and big grin in his mug to pass the time away

a few hundred off a $5k item isn’t insulting…… in my book anyway… but I am not well versed in Genesis…. 30% would have me looking in the hotel drawer…

The only time it's a problem is when a seller thinks his stuff is worth 95% of retail and a buyer that thinks 50% of retail is a good starting point. Anybody that starts off with NO LOWBALLS is just wasting my time. If you get a low offer, just say it's too low, you don't have to make a big deal out of it.