What is the forums opinion of SVS subs?

What is the forums opinion of SVS?

I have been thinking about adding a sub and started studying Rel. Then I saw an add for SVS and l gave them a look.

I have seen time and again this forums praise of Rel. So then when I was looking at Rel's specs compared to SVS, It APPEARS at on paper that SVS digs deeper at -3 db than Rel at -6 db, at a lower cost. But how do the two compare in their sound?

Thanks

marshinski15

Hi all, just a thought for potential buyers. The SVS website has an outlet page where they have blemished units at a bit of a deal. I bought my micro 3000 with a blemish and I’m hard pressed to find the imperfection.. The cosmetic blemish doesn’t affect the sound it seems… I learn something new every day 😁

Soix is 100 percent correct.  I own two of the SVS subs he speaks of.  I've had them over a year now.  I am happy with them and do not regret the purchase!  Good luck on your decision!

I sure like my pair of 3000Micros! They do exactly what I'm asking of them and at a great price point. 

I have SVS micro 3000 and a friend of mine has a pair of Rel. They both sound good to me but I prefer being able to make adjustments from the app in my listening position. My buddy has to keep getting up to make adjustments. In this day with all the technology we has getting up just seems so archaic.

Before you purchase either a Rel or SVS, I would suggest looking at Rythmik. 

+1