What is the forums opinion of SVS subs?

What is the forums opinion of SVS?

I have been thinking about adding a sub and started studying Rel. Then I saw an add for SVS and l gave them a look.

I have seen time and again this forums praise of Rel. So then when I was looking at Rel's specs compared to SVS, It APPEARS at on paper that SVS digs deeper at -3 db than Rel at -6 db, at a lower cost. But how do the two compare in their sound?

Thanks

marshinski15

I think REL's high level connection technology is just incredible.  This allows them to play more like woofers and they seamlessly extend the bass if set up properly.  I added two REL SHO's to my system and it was a game changer.  I would recommend two large REL's to create a great sound stage.

My friend had an SVS subwoofer and it sounded very boomy.  Great for a teenager who loves to hear a pounding bass sound.  REL's play different styles of music incredibly well.  

Compared with my old AR SW30, the bass notes from SVS SB1000 are more well-defined, faster and smooth.  A good value proposition at the discounted price.  It has a built-in HPF fixed at 80hz, allowing one to better integrate itself into the bookshelf system I had.

Using dual svs pb1000 for 5.2 and love them, had an sb1000 for 2 channel music...sold it....

@marshinski15 

Quick and dirty response.

Big room and big bass fan... SVS = great sub's, especially for the money.

Like bass articulation and control, have smaller room and desire more seemless bass integration and detail... SVS = look elsewhere REL JL

I own JL, KEF and SVS sub's and I love them all.

Hi all, just a thought for potential buyers. The SVS website has an outlet page where they have blemished units at a bit of a deal. I bought my micro 3000 with a blemish and I’m hard pressed to find the imperfection.. The cosmetic blemish doesn’t affect the sound it seems… I learn something new every day 😁