A perfect song? What are your choices?

Can there be such a thing as a perfect song? I have a suggestion, what are yours? Here is a thought...

128x128falconquest

@grislybutter

I’m not at all surprised. He’d seen it all in the 60s, rubbing shoulders with the likes of Baez and Dylan, the Beatles and the Beach Boys etc.

It’s true his career nosedived somewhat in the 70s once his association with Mickie Most came to an end. His unwillingness to jump on the coming glam bandwagon alongside the likes of Bowie and Bolan don’t help his career either, but he never stopped making good music.

In a way he remained true to himself. He wasn’t playing at being Donovan, he was Donovan.

Stevie Wonder has written a bunch of them... but my pick is "All In Love Is Fair"

In the lead by a long mile: Ella Fitzgerald singing Every time we say goodbye

(1) Ella Fitzgerald Ev'ry time we say goodbye (with lyrics) - YouTube

Honourable seconds:

Emmylou Harris, Boulder to Birmingham

Tom Waits, (Looking for) the Heart of Saturday Night - the song Bruce Springsteen would have sold his soul to have written.

Dolly Parton, I Will Always Love You - ONLY in Dolly's original version; this, like Ella's Every Time demonstrates how when something's perfect you don't need to "make it better" with vocal fireworks.