DAC’s

Hello, curious on everyone’s thoughts. I’m still building my system. I came across a really good deal on a Meitner MA3 dac. It’s from an authorized dealer and they offered to sell me one NIB for 7k. I have read and read about dacs and I am getting tired. Haha. I really like the Denafrips Terminator 2, Holo and the lumin T3 being the cheapest of them all. Once I factor in a streamer I am already close or over the 7k. Also I don’t need a dac for anything other then just streaming. Thank you 

shtr74sims

@12many 

Mr. Obvious. Very nice.

Precisely the only way to determine value. Head to head.

The value that others perceive has little or no bearing since they hear and spend differently.

Ag insider logo xs@2x
richardmathes

8 posts

$10,000 for a DAC? Someone's priorities, i.e., the important ones, the social ones, are out of whack. Never mind that the claim that there is a audible difference of $9700. Or is the $3000 device a piece of crap? Or or we just saying, "I've got money to blow?" And little common sense?

Even as practical advice, this is worthless to anyone who lives in a world of budgets.

The MSRP of my DAC is $20,000. Esoteric N-01XD. Or it was when I bought it a couple of years ago.

Is this too bad? Can I be “saved”? 

@jerryg123 :

…..paid my taxes. I will spend my money as I see fit.

Yup! That’s sums it all up. You owe nothing to anyone 

Social priorities.

I had pulled up to a huge intersection with red light (six lanes plus turning lanes - so 10 across) on my bicycle in the left turn lane (as appropriate). No other car anywhere in site except one that pulled up two lanes to my right. This guy starts yelling “get off my f**king road, I pay taxes… you pr**k… etc. you looser.

I had paid over $140,000 in just federal taxes that year. Without question many times what he could possibly paid. The most clueless, tend to attack others.

My 2 cents. I recently bought,  at a great deal, the Meitner MA-1 DAC. Love it!!! It is just a DAC. Sounds GREAT.  I do not use a streamer. I have a Windows 10 based computer attached directly to the DAC, also connected via an Ethernet cable.  I currently stream Qobuz and also use  a Rs2T Project transport, with a LTA  Linear power supply, which also runs through the Meitner DAC, Incredible, ask Charles one Dad who has commented earlier.  I can't speak for the newest MA-3, but,, I'm sure it's top shelf. Meitner and EMM labs are at the top. If you can find an MA-1, Great. Then decide what streamer, if necessary you may prefer. Just my 2 cents. Robert TN