DAC’s

Hello, curious on everyone’s thoughts. I’m still building my system. I came across a really good deal on a Meitner MA3 dac. It’s from an authorized dealer and they offered to sell me one NIB for 7k. I have read and read about dacs and I am getting tired. Haha. I really like the Denafrips Terminator 2, Holo and the lumin T3 being the cheapest of them all. Once I factor in a streamer I am already close or over the 7k. Also I don’t need a dac for anything other then just streaming. Thank you 

shtr74sims

Totally agree with @12many I have 2 DAC's with streaming capability but prefer a separate streamer/server. Using the Innuos Zenith in one system and the Statement in another (separate networks).

i have had no experience with emm or meitner dacs but of course they have a strong reputation

if someone had a very nice system and asked me what dac/streamer they should get for $6-7 grand i would recommend any of the following 4, based on my personal experience, and their usage criteria and sonic bent

1) chord m scaler and hugo tt2 -- will need streamer to supply usb output, so might exceed $7 grand a bit, but the sound is simply top notch

2) bricasti m1 se with network card -- superb integrated streamer and dac

3) weiss 501/502 - loaded with useful features to a level not matched by the previous two, wonderful crystal clear sound

4) msb analog dac with power base - older dac, but r2r unit with that special very analog (the unit is very aptly named imo) presentation, a touch less razor sharp a touch less uber-focused sound, but oh so natural sounding

all 4 have the ability to control analog output volume, which i value greatly, the msb even has an analog input, so it is 2 input linestage in addition

i have not tried the holo may many like it, i did try the denafrips terminator i did not feel it is at the same level as the other 4 i mentioned

my 2 cents, hope it is helpful

$10,000 for a DAC? Someone's priorities, i.e., the important ones, the social ones, are out of whack. Never mind that the claim that there is a audible difference of $9700. Or is the $3000 device a piece of crap? Or or we just saying, "I've got money to blow?" And little common sense?

Even as practical advice, this is worthless to anyone who lives in a world of budgets.

@richardmathes Sorry I've wasted money on my stereo equipment that you could have used for social governance.  good luck with you superior common sense.