To pricey

Hello was looking at a pair of B&W 804d or 803d but so expensive are they worth it.  ????

801d

@801d 

"any other brands to consider"

B&W would not be in the top 10 of my list.

Dynaudio, Totem, Revel, Monitor Audio are all great in smaller spaces which is what I have and I tested these and were very happy with them. BBC ones - I have never heard must work well too. ​​​​​​

For $9K I saw a pair of Devore Gibbons for sale here on Agon. Much better value than those new B&W's!

So, I got to hear the Joseph Audio Pulsars (original version) in the same system with the 804D3.  IMHO the Pulsars did everything better than the 804s.  I could respect what the 804s did, but they sounded sterile versus the musicality, imaging, and 3D soundstage of the Pulsars.  My advice, you could get a very nice pair of used Pulsars for about $3500 or, even better, get a pair of Perspectives.  IME they’re not even in the same league.  FWIW. 

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649911512-joseph-audio-pulsar/

This has become so typical of posters here, most detractors never even heard the speakers or brands they often criticize in their home. Those complaining about B&W being bright and so on, please tell me which speaker doesn’t require careful matching with upstream electronics to sound its very best……