Is Accuphase a good match for my system?

I am considering changing to Accuphase amplification for my system.

While I have never heard Accuphase amplification and do not have an opportunity to do so, I admire their products and would like to add if a good match.

The system currently matches an Esoteric F-07 integrated with Sonus Faber Cremona M’s, and is further described in my profile.  The F-07 is great, and I might also consider moving up the Esoteric line as an alternative.

Questions:

1) What differences might I hear from making a change to Accuphase?

2) Which Accuphase components (integrated or separates) might be a good match for the Cremona’s?

Thanks in advance for insights and recommendations.

cb77

@cb77

With Accuphase, expect;

1) A warmer, relaxed, refined presentation over Esoteric. The emphasis is definitely on its gorgeous midrange which rivals some of the very best tube electronics out there. There is no lack of high frequency detail or bass but its the seductive midrange / voicing of Accuphase that will likely win you over Esoteric, Luxman or T+A.

2) With 90dB efficiency on Cremona’s, look for E-480 or E-5000 Class A/B integrated.

At the end of the day, it boils down to personal preferences and system synergy. If you like to hear Accuphase, PM me and we can get together. My system is listed under ‘Digital’ here :-)

I had a home audition of the Accuphase E-800 several months ago. My suggestion is to get a home audition and let your own ears decide. No component works well in every system and one person's medicine, is another's poison. 

My current sweet system: Accuphase C2450 (w/ AD2850 phono) pre + Accuphase-XLR brown cable + A48 amp, driving 6Ohms 89db/m speakers.XLR cable from pre to amp (accuphase high grade). I use Esoteric k03xd cd spinner time to time. I also have second Accuphase amp P4500 for summer time, because A-48 is getting hot after couple of hours. Overall Accuphase pre+amp couple sounds very warm, excellent mids/hi, driver speakers smooth but with confidence, amazing tone controls and high grade headphone amp in pre. No complains!  

The key question is, what improvements are you looking for and what sound characteristics are most important to you?  Start with that rather than specific brands.