Who is Gonna Buy A New Jeep Grand Wagoneer For the MacIntosh Stereo?

Not I, Just wondering.

128x128thepigdog

Having actually spent time in the grand Wagoneer and the grand Cherokee, which have the McIntosh system it’s actually very very good. This is not theoretical, considering I’ve listen to Naim, Meridian, B&W, and all the other high-end systems in luxury cars. What I see is a bunch of you running your mouths just trying to posture. Try get off your ass and experience it versus posting ignorant stuff here but then again that is what the Audiogon forum is for. But, hat’s what it’s for bunch of people posting ignorant stuff. By the way, I have no dog in this hunt.

I own a Jeep Wrangler and I own McIntosh but I see no need for McIntosh in my Jeep. The road noise it too much to really enjoy the music. The only time you could really enjoy the experience is when you are parked and then I would rather be in my audio room.

FWIW, I had a 2003 Outback Subaru with a McIntosh stereo. While the car was too noisy when in motion to appreciate it, the stereo was actually good, for a car stereo.  And it was designed, if not built, by McIntosh.  I used to commute close to two hours each day, and I really enjoyed being able to crank my music as I flew down the Garden State Parkway at speeds approaching 20 mph.  

I now drive a 2013 Equus with a Lexicon stereo.  It's ok, but the car is so quiet that I can enjoy listening even at highway speeds.  Even the Bose in my old Infiniti was respectable sounding.  I would never go to car just to listen, but a good car stereo can be enjoyable, IME.

A friend has a 2008 Volvo S80 with the optional sound system where the speakers are labeled Dynaudio.  Sounds quite nice to my ears.  As it should, the original purchaser paid $1,500 for the upgrade in 2008.

I'm surprised there isn't an iPad app that turns your tablet into McIntosh meters you can put in front of your TV and call it a McIntosh.